The mission of the ABHCP is to improve the health of the public through:
- Certification: ABHCP certifies medical professionals who are highly skilled and effective at improving the health of their patients, their families, and their communities, and assists Diplomates in maintaining high professional standards through professional development and lifelong learning.
- Training Standards: ABHCP sets standards for the training that prepares Medical residents for board certification.
- Research: ABHCP, conducts, and publishes research that is devoted to creating, evaluating, and maintaining cutting-edge certification methods, and to advancing the scientific basis of Administrative Medicine.
- ABHCP cultivates leaders in Administrative Medicine to expand the specialty’s contribution to the health of the public.
- ABHCP collaborates with other specialty boards and organizations to promote better health care, drive better outcomes, and manage health care resources responsibly.